There are a good number of Forex companies in London which are regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). The FCA acts as watchdog to make sure the forex market is free from fraud. In view of this, all the forex companies in London which are under FCA’s regulation must adhere to a number of industry standards.
Find below a list of some FCA regulated forex companies in London. The companies are listed in no alphabetical order using factors such as financial stability, execution quality and trading platforms available. Before choosing to operate with one, it is good you consider the market availability, execution software and the competitiveness of the spreads.
• ActivTrades: Established in 2001, this firm offers forex trading in diverse product offerings, micro and mini lots and also competitive spreads.
• OANDA: This is a Canadian-based foreign exchange company which offers competitive spreads that come as low as 1.2 pips in EUR/USD. They launched a fxTrade platform in 2001 and it offers MetaTrader4 to its clients.
• City Index: Established in the UK in 1983, City Index offers forex trading, along with CFD's and spread betting. The MetaTrader 4 platform is available with added tools and features.
• CMS Forex: this is a proprietary VT Trader platform which is offered by CMS Forex and allows you to trade directly from the chart and provides multiple technical indicators.
• FOREX.com: This is owned by parent company GAIN Capital (NYSE: GCAP GCAP Gain Capital Holdings Inc 8.33+14.11%). It has been in operation since 2001, in terms of bringing the currency market to the retailer, FOREX.com was a first mover.
• FXCM: Exchange listed FXCM (NYSE: FXCM) offers a no dealing desk model along with competitive spreads. This firm offers its client the ability to trade in different currencies including the Chinese yuan.
• FxPro: This firm was Founded in 2006, and is a London-based FXPro is an online broker which offers forex trading along with CFD's. Among the trading platforms available are the MetaTrader 4 and cTrader.
• HY Markets: This firm has been in business for 30 over years, HY Markets provides multiple trading platforms and a wide variety of trading instruments. HY Markets a division of the Henyep Group, a global conglomerate with a presence in 20 countries.
• IG Markets: It was founded in 1974 as a spread betting business under the name IG Index. The firm offers trading in pairs which includes EUR/USD, AUD/USD, and USD/JPY with spreads as low as 0.8 pips.
• Interactive Brokers: Greenwich, Conn.-based Interactive Brokers offer direct access to interbank forex quotes and operate using an Electronic Communication Network (ECN) market structure.
The content of this article reflects the author’s opinion and does not necessarily reflect the official position of LiteForex. The material published on this page is provided for informational purposes only and should not be considered as the provision of investment advice for the purposes of Directive 2004/39/EC.