The Walt Disney Company, #DIS [NYSE]
Services, entertainment, USA
Financial performance of the company:
Index –DJIA, S&P 500;
Beta – 1.40;
Capitalization – 151.56 В;
Return on assets - 9.60%;
Income - 8.38B;
Average volume – 10.31 М;
P/E - 18.84;
ATR – 2.67.
- The company ranks the 4th on capitalization in the service sector of the issuer trading in the American stock market.
- In Q1 of the current fiscal year the Company gained the highest profit over the past few years and become the most successful in Hollywood.
- At the press-conference company’s executives said that net profit has grown by 30% up to 2.88 billion USD. EPS growth (earnings per share) exceeded 36%, from 1.27 USD to 1.73 USD.
- Record profits of the company was gained due to the release of the seventh part of the saga “Stars wars”. The film earned over 2 billion USD having a budget of 200 million USD. Presently, brand “Starts wars” is estimated at 700 million USD.
- Revenue growth of he company’s divisions dealing with consumer products and parks was 8%.
- According to press-release, negative performance in Q1 showed mass media department. Operating profit of which fell by 6% to $1.41 billion.
- Company’s report for Q1 showed that management of the company is of the advanced level. Due to successful film production the company became the most profitable in Hollywood. All sectors of the company’s activity showed positive dynamics. The only problem was in the mass-media department.
- In the near future quotes of the company are likely to grow.
Trading tips for CFD of the Walt Disney Company
Long-term trading: currently the shares are traded at the level of 89.50 – 95.00 USD. In case of breakdown and testing of the level of 95.00 USD and also in case of the adequate confirmations (for example, pattern Price Action), we recommend to enter the market with long positions. Risk per trade is less than 1% of capital. Stop order can be placed slightly below the signal line. For this position we recommend multi-level trading. Take profit can be placed at the levels of 100.50 USD, 105.70 USD and 113.50 USD.
Medium-term trading: on the chart with the timeframe 15М we can see the reversal pattern. If support level of 92.35 USD is maintained, long positions will be recommended. Risk per trade is less than 2% of capital. Stop order can be placed slightly below the signal line. For this position we recommend multi-level trading. Take profit can be placed at the levels of 93.75 USD, 95.50 USD and 96.40 USD.